October 26th our family headed to the airport to fly back to KS for a long visit. Our vacation began very stressfully when we found out our direct flight to Kansas City, MO was canceled. Not delayed, canceled. Within the time it took us to get through security with our 10 bags, 6 coats, shoes, electronics, and 6 people....it got canceled. We were so frustrated and amazed that this had happened on this already challenging trip! The good news is that we got flown to Atlanta that evening, had all food for dinner and breakfast paid for, and got two nice hotel rooms paid for. Saturday morning we got a flight to Kansas City and were soooo glad to have the first airport experience with kids over with! The next one wouldn't come for 9 more days :) Hailey had already had her first airplane ride when Drew and I flew with her to Ohio to look for a rental for fellowship, but this was Markus, Nathan, and Dorian's first airplane ride. They did really good, and thankfully the flights were not very turbulant at all.
Waiting for our return flight, an uncanceled, very small, direct flight to Cincy. I was ready for some fresh fruit and veggies....so I bought a bottle of water, a try with carrots, grapes, and cheese cubes, and an apple. It cost me ten bucks! Thanks to Apple, we all stayed entertained and connected waiting for our flights, lol.
Dorian got antsy on the flights and had to be reminded to be quiet, but I'd say he did pretty well for being almost 4 and high energy! Nathan was very proud of himself for being on an airplane :)
Hailey was an old pro.......she bounced forward and back from me to Drew on all the flights.
I made lots of small games for the kids to play....Hailey and Nathan used them the most. I realized....Hailey does really well with color matching. When did this happen?
I am not ready to fly again tomorrow (especially trying to cram pounds of Halloween candy into our bags!) But I know by spring break, I will be ready to do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.